Overview Of CCTV Monitoring
A remote CCTV monitoring package provides a robust security solution. Instead of having a CCTV system that just records, a monitored system allows a Remote Video Receiving Centre (RVRC) to promptly initiate a response when an intrusion is visible.
Suitable for both commercial sites and larger domestic properties, remote CCTV monitoring results in potential problems being dealt with before they occur. A monitoring solution works through integrating CCTV cameras with a detection system, an audio challenge facility and a RVRC. If unauthorised movement is detected, live and alarmed images are transmitted to the RVRC and upon receipt one of our operators will investigate and should persons be seen, will take appropriate action.
Firstly the operator will deliver a warning via the onsite audio challenge facility, informing them that they are being viewed on live CCTV and, if necessary, the relevant authorities will be called. This is a proven crime deterrent. However, should the intruder continue to access the site, the operator will then progress to call the authorities and will inform them again via the audio challenge facility and will follow them through the site.
Why GBSG CCTV Monitoring?
We have our own purpose-built RVRC (Remote Video Receiving Centre) located in our offices in Donington, which is fully approved to NSI Gold standard for BS 8418 CCTV monitoring. In recent years we have made significant investments, with the launch of a bespoke monitoring platform and the introduction of GBSG Pulse®. These investments have allowed us to configure monitoring from any system, or any manufacturer, to provide extremely detailed outputs to our customers, including:
- The multi-linking of sites with cause and effect actions - For example, extended event protocol can be delivered and decoded to allow the linking of systems to provide better information for both monitoring station staff and customers on the live status of site equipment;
- Real-time access to monitoring systems via the GBSG web portal;
- Real-time reporting via SMS, email or telephone for any type of activation;
- Full audit traceability of all sites and activations including monitoring station staff responses;
- Equivalent Grade 4 Monitoring for CCTV system monitoring encompassing site critical applications such as power, broadband, 3G, system failure, tamper, video failure and scene detection;
- The remote servicing and diagnostics through our dedicated Help Desk.
Specifications and Compliance
All CCTV monitoring solutions are designed to meet the requirements of each individual site as well as ensuring compliance with the highest relevant industry standards including BS 5979:2007 and BS 8418:2015.