Security Strategies in Manufacturing
A factory security strategy is essential in protecting against the theft of raw materials, equipment and stock and safeguarding business continuity. Theft and malicious damage can impact a manufacturers’ ability to meet their customers’ expectations, leading to both short-term financial loss and a real threat to corporate reputation.
To help clients protect themselves against such threats, we help them produce a business risk analysis which lays the foundations of any factory security proposal. The level of risk will vary depending on the item(s) produced and the physical entity of the site, but typical threats include:
- Theft of sought after raw materials, such as copper and steel;
- Theft of manufacturing equipment;
- Theft of stock;
- Malicious damage to business premises, such as physical damage to production equipment;
- Loss of confidential information;
- Deliberate contamination of goods.
To control such threats, we can look to incorporate the following factory security solutions:
- Perimeter security through monitored, detector activated CCTV;
- Electronic access control to restrict the movement of unauthorised persons;
- Internal high definition CCTV systems to allow for high resolution zoom capability to check the movement and actions of staff;
- A fully integrated fire detection & alarm system;
- A 24/7 monitored alarm service.
As an expert in tailored security and fire solutions we can adapt security technologies to assist with the monitoring of business critical machinery. Through our GBSG Pulse® monitoring solution we can monitor business critical machinery for signs of system failure, which allows us to proactively respond by alerting site staff or assigned on-call engineers. This type of monitoring helps to increase productivity through reduced downtime.