Home Security Systems - Legislation and Standards
GB Security Group installs home security systems to conform to the requirements of the Police and insurance companies
GB Security Group is accredited through the National Security Inspectorate (NSI) as a NACOSS Gold Installer. This ensures that all the home security systems we install, comply to industry standards.
The home security and intruder alarm industry is heavily regulated to ensure the highest levels of system quality and reliability. Fully compliant systems are accepted by insurance companies, who in return offer reduced premiums and Police authorities, who offer a priority response.
- National Security Inspectorate (NSI) NACOSS Gold - This ensures the highest level of compliance with NSI guidance. Accredited companies, like GBSG, are audited to guarantee that the installations of security systems are to industry standards. It also ensures that the company is fully supported by an ISO 9001 management system to guarantee the undertaking of key procedures such as staff training, false alarm management, customer satisfaction and complaint procedures.
- Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) policy The ACPO is about the requirements of police forces regarding the methods in which systems are policed.
- British Security Industry Association (BSIA) The BSIA is an industry body who influence and develop standards and procedures through input from manufacturers, installers, ACPO, insurers and alarm receiving centres.
GB Security Group will work within the industry standards to produce an effective system without compromise. Home security intruder alarms are installed to comply with PD6662 which is the UKs interpretation of the European Standard EN50131.
Within the EN50131 standard, equipment and systems conform to the following security grades:
- Grade 1 - low level security products sourced from DIY outlets (not recognised by insurers)
- Grade 2 - medium risk, normally domestic & small commercial
- Grade 3 - high risk commercial e.g. high value retail / jewellers
- Grade 4 - very high risk e.g. banks
A requirement of any survey is to carry out a security risk assessment, addressing the use of the property, the value of the content, physical security, nature of occupancy, history of break-ins and the required response to the proposed system.
contact us today to arrange a free security review