Did you know that household break ins peak during the summer months? It is an unfortunate fact that while most of us are planning a relaxing summer break criminals are looking for empty homes to target.
- It may seem obvious, but make sure your home is locked up before you go, including locking windows.
- Do not announce on social media you are going away – wait until you return before posting pictures of your holiday.
- Make sure you mow your lawn before you go – an unkempt lawn announces that probably the house is unoccupied.
- Use timers to switch on lights at night.
- Put the post on hold so there is not a build up of letters that can be seen by prowlers.
- Use a monitoring service for fire and intruder alarms so that if there is an incident the monitoring centre can send emergency responders on your behalf.
- Ask a friend or neighbour to keep an eye on your home, and perhaps put wheelibins out on the right day.
Perhaps GBSG can help you with your home security?