We are looking to recruit an Operations Director. The role is based in Donington, Lincolnshire.
Main Job Purpose
The Operations Director is accountable for the operational performance of the business and ensuring that KPIs are achieved. They will drive on-time project and service delivery within GBSG Ltd (installation and servicing), GB Monitoring and GBSG Guarding, ensuring customer satisfaction is delivered throughout.
The role will be responsible for leading and developing a high performing operations team to achieve the strategic objectives of the business.
- Highly motivated with exceptional organisational, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years of senior management experience with evidence of leadership, performance management and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Exceptional team leadership and development skills including mentoring and motivating.
- Highly effective at managing team workload, with effective prioritisation and delegation skills.
- Excellent customer service with conflict resolution experience.
- Proven delivery of system and process improvements.
- Procurement experience with knowledge of supply chain management.
- Commercial acumen with effective financial planning, budgeting and cost management.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Word and Excel and ability to be trained on bespoke software.
- Previous experience within the Security industry.
Main Duties of Role
We are looking to recruit a professional HSEQ Manager to support George Barnsdale and Sons Ltd and its sister company GBSG Ltd (please see the individual websites for more details about the companies).
Based in Donington, near Spalding, you will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of health and safety, quality and environment are covered, monitored and adhered to in accordance with current legislation and practice. You will provide support, guidance and advice to help ensure the delivery of company internal and external audit programmes.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as a minimum.
- Previous experience of maintaining Quality Standards (ISO9001)
- Previous experience of maintaining Environment Standards (ISO14001)
- Internal Auditing experience
- Work place Health, Safety, Quality and Environment experience
- Evidence of the creation and maintenance of HSEQ Manuals
- Excellent communication skills at all levels to ensure Quality standards and HSEQ requirements are adhered to
- Organised & proactive
- Professional, credible and friendly
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Full driving licence and willing to travel external sites on occasion.
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Previous experience of implementing ISO 9001:2015
- Train the Trainer qualified
- Face Fit Testing Qualified
- Knowledge of H&S in the Construction industry
- Internal Auditing Qualification.
Main Duties Of The Role
- Take full accountability for delivery of an effective and proactive HSEQ function as the onsite expert for the GB Group of companies (GBSG Ltd and George Barnsdale Ltd).
- Work proactively and pragmatically with colleagues to ensure HSEQ requirements are understood, advice is offered and legislation is adhered to.
- Review procedures and working practices to ensure that they reflect best practice and current legislation.
- Lead in the delivery of 0-5 year HSEQ Action Plans.
- Advise others completing site based risk assessment and any other necessary actions to ensure HSEQ compliance.
- Carry out daily and routine monitoring of all practices and site operations, including fire alarms and first aiders.
- The management and monitoring of all contractors and visitors on site for Health and Safety compliance and permit controls.
- Ensure the correct PPE equipment is issued to staff and complies and is used in accordance with regulations (e.g. footwear, ear defenders, masks: Face Fit requirements, etc.)
- Oversee all training that is carried out on site and maintain training matrix.
- Carry out inductions for new starters.
- Attend and lead the safety meetings.
- Carry out internal quality audits and train and lead other internal auditors.
- Manage, maintain, organise and lead external audits.
- Create, deliver and follow up on Tool Box Talks.
- Carry out accident investigations from cause to improvement and where appropriate be the lead on RIDDOR reporting.
- Produce and circulate audit and non-conformance reports and provide guidance and support to achieve audit requirements.
- Maintain the GB Group central document register.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures, ensuring that the work area, equipment and materials are left in a safe state; and that reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of all fellow employees and any other persons within the work area.
- Work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company.
We are looking to recruit an Stock Co-Ordinator to join our team in Donington, near Spalding.
You will be based in our offices in Donington, near Spalding providing the following services to our local customers:
- Organised with strong administration skills
- Numerate and literate
- Good IT skills (MS Office – Outlook, Word and Excel) and able to learn bespoke systems
- Experience in a similar role
- Full Clean Driving licence (inc towing) for a manual vehicle.
Main Duties Of The Role
- Control stock using IT based stock control system
- Load/unload all deliveries, ensure that they are correctly signed for and checked against purchase order detail and then stored in the designated area
- Pick stock for all jobs ready for engineers to collect or ensure that outgoing deliveries are sent as required to remote engineers
- Ensure that all van stock and equipment are checked and kept up to date
- On occasion, collect items of stock from our suppliers, deliver items of stock to site and perform occasional driving duties for the Managing Director upon request
- Action items to be returned and/or repaired and resolve warranty issues
- Maintain stock levels and carry out stock takes in line with company policy
- Keep all company MOTs up to date
- Ensure stock room is kept secure with limited access at all times.